A simple and light salad using ingredients which can be found in my daily kitchen fridge or cabinets. The mung bean sprouts and fresh black fungus were blanched and later dipped in ice water to retain their crunchiness. The sweet, savoury, tangy and spicy Thai dressing are definitely there to tickle your taste buds. The light and crispy dried fish fillet chips together with the ground peanuts not only added texture but also some seafood and nutty taste to the salad. Oh, this is so so so delicious 😋
I would consider this as a miniature 发财鱼生 if you want something simple to prepare and yet taste wonderful 👍👍😍
Servings: 2 persons
10g carront, julienned
40g Japanese cucumber, julienned
30g mung bean sprouts
20g fresh black fungus
3g coriander leaves
1 sheet DahFa Dried Fish Fillet, cut into squares
30g ground peanut
2g garlic, peeled and chopped finely
10g shallot, peeled and chopped finely
2g red chilli, de-seed and chopped finely
1g coriander stem, chopped finely
some ginger flower, chopped finely, optional
25g raw sugar
15g warm water
2g low-salt light soy sauce + low-salt fish sauce + vinegar
some salt and MSG*
* these 5 ingredients add up to 2g, so can adjust according to your preference
5g green lime juice
1. Cut DahFa dried fish fillet into small squares, and toast in a preheated toaster oven at 100℃ for 10 to 15 minutes, or till crispy and fragrant. Leave the fish fillet chips in the oven till needed.
2. Blanche mung bean sprouts and fresh black fungus in hot water for about 10 minutes.
Drain away the hot water and cool down with ice cubes. Set aside for about 15 minutes.
Cut the cold fresh black fungus into strips. Set aside.
3. Chop garlic, shallot, red chilli, coriander stems, and ginger flower.
Dissolve raw sugar in warm water. Mix in the light soy sauce, fish sauce, vinegar, salt and MSG.
Squeeze in the green lime juice,
and the chopped garlic, shallot, red chilli, coriander stem, and ginger flower.
Stir and let it stands for about 10 minutes.
4. Arrange the julienned Japanese cucumber, julienned carrot, cold mung bean sprouts, cold black fungus, and coriander leaves in a serving plates or bowls.
Remove the fish fillet chips from the toaster oven, and pour the ground peanut in a small saucer.
5. If you prefer crispy dried fish fillet chips, keep them to the last item to be added to the salad bowl.
Pour the Thai dressing over the salad ingredients in a bowl.
Sprinkle the crispy dried fish fillet chips above the ingredients.
Toss to coat the ingredients with the Thai dressing before serving 😋
DahFa Dried Fish Fillet