The cookies were not very sweet, but a sprinkle of a little coarse grain raw sugar made them a little sweeter😋
Cookie dough weight: 170g
Cookie nozzle: Wilton 1D
Baking temperature: Bake in a preheated oven at 180℃ for about 9 to 10 minutes, turn off oven and let the cookies bake for another 1 to 2 minutes. Middle rack of oven.
50g unsalted butter, softened
25g icing sugar
5g dark brown sugar
1/8 tsp fine salt
10g beaten egg
1 teabag of black tea dust
65g top/cake flour
15g potato starch
a little vanillin powder, optional
Some coarse grain raw sugar for sprinkling
1. Mix top flour, potato starch and vanillin powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, mix icing sugar and dark brown sugar together. Set aside.
2. Loosen the softened unsalted butter before adding in the sugar mixture from Step 1. Cream the mixture till light and fluffy, or all the sugar has dissolved.
Mix in the fine salt.
3. Blend in the beaten egg.
4. Mix in the entire teabag of tea dust.
5. Sieve the flour mixture from Step 1 into the batter, and fold into a smooth dough.
6. Transfer the cookie dough to a piping bag fitted with Wilton nozzle 1D or nozzle of your preference.
7. Pipe the cookie dough onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Video of my crude piping demonstration.
If you prefer a sweeter cookie, sprinkle some coarse sugar grains onto the piped dough.
8. Bake at middle rack of a preheated oven at 180℃ for about 9 to 10 minutes, or till the base of cookie starts to brown. Turn off the oven, and continue to bake for about 1 to 2 minutes.
9. Remove from oven, and let the cookies cool down before enjoying 😋