I adapted this cake recipe from a blog named "copykat.com" and it named this cake as "Sara Lee Pound Cake". It is relatively low in butter and high in eggs as compared to other common pound cake recipes. As this is an American recipe, I reduced the sugar quantity by 1/5 to make it less sweet.
To me, this is not a complete replica of Sara Lee pound cake, so I just called it "Almost Sara Lee Pound Cake". Really love the velvety texture of this cake :)
Yield: One 20Lx10Wx6.5H cm cake
All ingredients in room temperature.
Using 55g eggs
110g top/cake flour
2 tbsp milk powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
110g unsalted butter, softened
120g fine sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp golden syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
20g lemon juice, from 1/2 a lemon
1. Mix cake flour, milk powder and baking powder together in a bowl.
2. Beat eggs together and set aside.
3. Cream butter, sugar and salt together till light and fluffy.
4. Gradually blend in the beaten egg to the batter. Add in small quantity after each mixing.
5. Sieve in the flour mixture from (1) into the batter and mix briefly.
Try not to over mix the flour.
6. Mix in the golden syrup, vanilla extract, and lemon juice.
7. Use a spatula to give a more through mixing.
Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
8. Bake in the middle rack of a preheated oven set at 170 degree Celsius for about 35 to 45 minutes, or untill an inserted cake tester draws out clean.
9. Let the cake stay in the cake mould for about 8 to 10 minutes.
Invert out the cake and let it cool on the wire rack. I covered the cake loosely with a sheet of paper kitchen towel to prevent it from drying out.
10. Slice and enjoy :)
Recipe adapted from
with appreciation :)