This is an improved version of the Almost Sara Lee Pound Cake recipe I shared two days ago. Although the cake has a good texture, it has an unsightly crack and hump standing conspicuously in the middle of the cake :/
The new recipe reduced the sugar by 10g, and improved on the baking procedure.
Happy to get a no-crack pound cake with velvety texture :)
Yield: One 20Lx10Wx6.5H cm cake
All ingredients in room temperature.
Using 55g eggs
110g top/cake flour
15g milk powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
110g unsalted butter, softened
110g fine sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp golden syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
20g lemon juice, from 1/2 a lemon
1. Mix cake flour, milk powder and baking powder together in a bowl.
2. Beat eggs together and set aside.
3. Cream butter, sugar and salt together till light and fluffy.
4. Gradually blend in the beaten egg to the batter. Add in small quantity after each mixing.
5. Sieve in the flour mixture from (1) into the batter and mix briefly.
Try not to over mix the flour.
6. Mix in the golden syrup, vanilla extract, and lemon juice.
7. Use a spatula to give a more through mixing.
Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
For non-silicon cake pan, please grease with butter and sprinkle a thin layer of flour over, or line it with parchment paper.
8. Bake in the lowest rack of a preheated oven set at 170 degree Celsius for about 40 minutes turning on only the upper heating coil.
The purpose is to "strengthen" the top crust, so the hot batter below will not push through it and cause the crack.
After the 40 minute top baking, turn on both the top and bottom heating coils, continue to bake at 170 degree for another 25 to 30 minutes, or till an inserted cake tester came out clean.
9. Let the cake stay in the cake mould for about 15 minutes.
Invert out the cake and let it cool on the wire rack. I covered the cake loosely with a sheet of paper kitchen towel to prevent it from drying out.
10. Slice and enjoy :)
Recipe adapted from
with appreciation :)
Post dated 29 June 2018
I added about 30g of lightly roasted diced almonds over the crust for better nutty aroma 😋
Baked in a lined 26x10x7.5cm loaf pan for 35 minutes at 155°C, and 15 minutes at 170°C, at middle rack.