A soft and sweet milk bun with the nice natural aroma and colour coming from the blended fresh corn kernels. Baking at low temperature not only helped to bring out the light yellow hue of corn, but also retaining its sweet scent :)
Yield: 9 mini buns in one 20cm square pan
Bread weight: 450g
Raw dough weight: 476g
A powerful blender 强力搅拌器
Mayer MMBM12 breadmaker 面包机
80g cold water 冷水
60g steamed corn kernels 蒸玉米粒
15g condensed milk 炼乳
40g raw sugar 黄砂糖
20g beaten egg 蛋液
2 tsp vanilla extract 香草精
1/4 tsp salt 盐
30g cold unsalted butter 冷无盐奶油
205g bread flour 高筋面粉
15g top/cake flour 低筋面粉
12g milk powder 奶粉
3/4 tsp instant dry yeast 即发酵母粉
Some bread flour for sprinkling 面粉做表面装饰
1. Line a 20cm square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Steamed corn kernels at high heat for 12 to 15 minutes.
You may want to add a pandan leaf to the corn while steaming to give them a sweet scent.
3. Wait for the corn kernels to cool to room temperature. Blend 60g of corn kernels with 80g of cold water in a food processor till creamy.
4. Stir condensed milk to the corn milk, and refrigerate it till cold.
5. Pour all the bread dough ingredients to the bread pan following the sequence listed. Transfer the bread pan to the bread maker.
6. Select "C-11" Ferment Dough function; and press "Start". The mixing, kneading and first fermentation will take 1 hour 30 minutes.
7. When the program ends, let the dough stay in the bread maker for about 30 minutes.
8. The dough is ready.
9. Turn out the dough onto a floured surface. Flatten it with your palm to release the trapped air.
10. Divide the dough into 9 portions, about 53g each.
11. Roll up the individual dough and shape into ball by pulling down the side of the dough, and seal at the bottom.
12. Coat the dough ball with some flour and roll it within your hand into a round ball. Place into the lined baking pan.
13. Spray some water and let the dough proof in a closed oven for about 40 to 80 minutes, or when the dough almost double in size.
(My yeasts was inactive when I prepared this recipe, which caused the second proofing time to stretch till 80 minutes😓
14. Remove the baking pan from the oven. Start to preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
16. When the dough is in the oven, reduce the temperature from 180 degree Celsius to 160 degree Celsius, at the lowest rack, for about 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 150 degree Celsius, and bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, or till the top slightly brown.
End of baking.
17. Remove the bread from the oven, and allow to cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
18. Lift the bread out of the baking pan after about 5 minutes, and onto a cooling rack .