When we were young, my mum used to cook this for our lunch. We used to call it 'baby porridge'. Surprisingly, the carrot taste blended well with fish taste. Occasionally, we also added marmite to it and it's totally another heavenly taste 😊
For 2 adults
3/4 cup long grain rice
1 tbsp multigrains
700 ml water
1 onion, chopped
1 tbsp dried silver fish
10 cooked fish balls, cut into quarters
1 tbsp cut scallion
Some Chinese parsley
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1. Wash and pre-soak the rice and multigrains for about 1 hour.
2. Remove the carrot skin, and cut into about 1cm cubes. Grind the carrot in a food processor with about 100 ml of water. Set aside.
3. Heat up a non-stick pot. Add in 1/2 tbsp oil, follow by chopped onion. Stir- fry the onion until fragrant.
4. Pour in the carrot puree and cook till boil.
5. Add in the rice and dried silver fish, cook for about 5 minutes. Pour in the water and cook till it boils. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
6. When the rice is cooked, add in the fish balls and seasonings.
7. Garnish with cut scallion and Chinese parsley. Serve warm.