As the method of preparing the dough is similar to my another recipe, Choco-Milk Braided Loaf (smaller quantity), hence please refer to that recipe for pictures illustrated steps :)
Yield: one 30 x 10 x 10 cm loaf
270g bread flour 高筋面粉
30g top flour 低筋面粉
50g fine sugar 细糖
1 tsp instant dry yeast 速发干酵母
1/4 tsp salt 盐
30g beaten egg 蛋液
10g condensed milk 炼乳
180g fresh milk 鲜奶
40g unsalted butter 无盐奶油
2 tsp cocoa powder 无糖可可粉
1 tsp hot water 热水
Some beaten egg for glazing
1. Place a parchment paper covering the longer sides of the 30x10x7cm loaf tin. This is to facilitate transferring of the loaf out of the baking tin after baking.
Lightly coat the other shorter sides with butter. Set aside.
Click the link below for the steps in preparing the dough for baking
(Step 1 to 11)
12. Spray some water over the top of the dough, and allow the dough to undergo 2nd proofing in a closed oven for about 50 to 60 minutes, or till the dough reaches the brim of the tin.
13. Remove the dough from the oven, and start to pre-heat the oven to 170 degree Celsius.
14. Brush a thin coat of egg wash over the top.
14. Sprinkle a luxurious amount of shredded cheese over the top.
15. Bake in a preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes at 160 degree Celsius, or till the top turns golden slightly.
16. After the baking is over, transfer the loaf out of the oven. With the help of the parchment paper, lift the loaf out of the tin immediately and onto a cooling rack.