There was an error in this gadget

Friday, 10 October 2014

Sweet Corn Pudding 玉米布丁

Blending steamed corn kernels with the fresh milk to add dietary fibre to this creamy dessert prepared by adding agar agar (seaweed) powder instead of egg or gelatin :)

Yield: 4 x 200ml pudding bottles

Ingredients 
110~120g steamed corn kernels extracted from 1 corn cob
100g fresh milk

45g raw sugar 
3/4 tsp agar agar powder
100g water

300g fresh milk 
40g whipping cream, optional
May replaced by fresh milk

Direction 
1. Take 80g steamed corn kernels to blend with 100g fresh milk. Set aside.
You may strain the corn milk mixture if you want a smoother pudding. But I'm keeping all the corn fibre ^^
Keep the remaining corn kernels to be added to the pudding at the end.


2. Mix raw sugar with agar agar powder. 
Then pour in the 100g of water to mix.
Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the agar agar powder to absorb the water.

3. Pour the agar agar water into a pot and heat at medium low flame. Stir constantly to facilitate dissolving the agar agar granules and sugar.
If you see agar agar granules stick to the spoon, then the mixture needs further heating and stirring.
When the spoon is coated with a layer of smooth "goo", the agar agar has dissolved well.

4. Pour in the 300g fresh milk, 
and the corn milk from (1). Stir to mix well.

To check whether the mixture is well blended, scoop up a small amount of the mixture, and let it cool down for 1 to 2 minutes. If the mixture coagulate, then the mixture is ready. Turn off the heat.

5. Add in 40g of whipping cream, if you want a creamier pudding. 

6. Pour about 80% of the steamed corn kernels into the 4 pudding bottles. Keeping the remaining 20% for decoration later.

7. Pour the agar agar mixture into the four pudding bottles evenly.
Allow the pudding bottles to cool down before adding the remaining corn kernels.

8. When the surface of the pudding has hardened, add the remaining corn kernels. Keep in the fridge to refrigerate for at least 3 hours before consumption.
Enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)