Yield: one 12Lx11Wx13H cm
Loaf weight: 434g
170g fresh milk
20g raw sugar
1 tsp dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt (4g)
20g coconut/veggie oil
200g bread flour
50g wholemeal rye flour
1/2 tsp instant dry yeast
1. If you are using cold milk, you may warm it up by "keeping warm" in a rice cooker for about 10 minutes.
Or, you can let the milk stands in room temperature for about 25 minutes.
2. Pour the fresh milk into the bread pan.
3. Add in raw sugar, dark brown sugar and salt into the pan.
4. Add in beaten egg.
5. Add coconut or vegetable oil.
6. Followed by bread flour and wholemeal rye flour.
7. Finally, dig a hole with your finger, and pour the instant dry yeast into it.
8. Place the bread pan into the bread machine.
9. Select "1" basic function; choose "Medium" crust colour; and press "Start".
Step 10 is optional. You may leave the dough in the pan till the whole baking cycle completes.
10. When the countdown timer reaches 2:30, wear a pair of disposable gloves to lift the dough out of the pan.
11. Shape the dough into a ball by tucking the sides of the dough to the base. Sprinkle some bread flour all over the dough.
Remove the kneading blade and place the dough into the pan.
Lightly pat the dough to ensure the dough fit well into all the corners of the pan. Close the lid and let the process continues.
12. To avoid the top of the loaf having a pale patch, covers the window with an aluminum foil.
13. When the baking cycle completes, transfer the bread loaf out of the bread pan onto a wire rack immediately.
14. When the loaf has cooled down, slice it using a long bread knife. Enjoy :)