It is nice to prepare your homemade strawberry jam when the fruit is in season. Using a breadmaker to prepare the jam is so simple and easy :)
Yield: about 180g jam
200 to 220g fresh strawberry chunks
70g raw sugar
20g rock sugar
10g lemon juice
1. Rinse and hull strawberries. Cut into small chunks.
2. Coat the strawberry chunks with raw sugar.
3. Cover with a lid and keep in the fridge for 1 hour.
4. Pour the strawberry chunks and all the rest of the ingredients into the bread pan.
and rock sugar.
5. Place the bread pan into the bread machine.
6. Select "9" Jam function, and press "Start".
20 minutes later;
70 minutes later;
75 minutes later.
end of the process.
7. Transfer the hot jam into a sterilized glass container.
8. Seal with a heat resistant food wrap and cover with a lid.
11. Invert the container and let it stands till cool down to room temperature.
12. Spread the jam over your bread and enjoy. Keep the unconsumed portion in the fridge :)
To sterilize the jam jar
You can either boil the heat resistant glass jar in water for 3 minutes.
Or, heat up in a toaster oven.
I find heating in the toaster oven not only convenient and faster, it also saves on boiling water and keep the container dry more efficiently.
However, avoid heating the glass container while the heating coil is red hot!
1. Heat up the empty toaster oven set at 95 degree Celsius for 1 to 2 minutes.
2. After the heating stops, place the heat resistant glass jar inside the toaster oven.
3. After about 30 seconds, place the lid inside.
Slow-cook over stove
You can also prepare the jam by slow-boiling it over stove till thickens :)