Yield: one 13Lx10Wx15Hcm loaf
Appliances: powerful food processor
Breadmaker: Whirlpool BM1000
An all-natural corn bread using fresh corn and easily baked by breadmaker :)
90g whole milk 全脂牛奶
70g steamed corn kernels 蒸玉米粒
20g condensed milk 炼乳
230g bread flour 高筋面粉
15g top flour 低筋面粉
1/2 tsp instant dry yeast 即发酵母粉
40g fine sugar 细糖
35g beaten egg 蛋液
1/4 tsp salt 盐
30g unsalted butter 无盐奶油
15g steamed corn kernels 蒸玉米粒
Some flour for dusting the dough
1. Collect corn kernels from cob and steamed at high heat for 12 minutes.
You may want to add a pandan leaf to the corn while steaming to give it a sweet scent.
2. Blend 70g of corn kernels with 90g milk in a food processor till creamy. Keep 15g of corn kernels for later use.
4. Pour milk mixture into the bread pan.
3. Add in beaten egg.
4. Add in sugar and salt.
5. Add in unsalted butter.
6. Pour in bread flour and cake flour.
7. Dig a hole and pour in the instant dry yeast.
9. Select "5" Sweet Dough function; select the Crust Colour; and press "start".
I chose "Medium" crust colour.
10. When the counterdown timer reached 2:40, pour in the corn kernels.
This step 11 is optional, you may leave the dough in the bread pan till baking cycle completes. By shaping the dough, you'll get a more uniform loaf and minimize the appearance of conspicuous air sacs within the loaf.
11. When the countdown timer appears 1:55 (1 hour after starting the "Sweet Dough" program), take out the dough and shape it into a ball.
Sprinkle some bread flour over the surface of the dough.
Remove the kneading blade, and place the dough back to the bread pan
As the dough maybe sticky, it is advisable to handle it with a pair of disposable gloves.
12. When the loaf rises too close to the window, to avoid having an untanned top, cover the window with a small piece of aluminum foil.
13. When the baking cycle is over, transfer the loaf to a cooling rack.
14. Slice the loaf with a long bread knife after the loaf has cooled down.