Yield: Eight x 5cm mini Bundt cakes
& six x 5cm paw cakes
All ingredients in room temperature.
Using 55g eggs
75g top/cake flour
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking powder
60g unsalted butter, softened
65g fine sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
60g whipping cream
10g golden syrup/honey
1. Lightly coat eight x 5 cm mini Bundt moulds with butter, then follow by flour. Set aside.
I didn't coat the paw mould.
2. Sieve cake flour and salt together in a bowl twice.
3. Beat the 2 eggs together in a bowl, and set aside.
4. Cream butter and sugar together till light and fluffy.
The process may take about 8 to 10 minutes using a hand whisk.
A well-creamed batter is important in ensuring a good rise during baking.
5. Gradually blend in the beaten egg to the batter. Add in small quantity after each mixing.
6. Mix in the vanilla extract.
7. Sieve 1/2 of the flour mixture from (2) into the batter and mix manually.
Try not to over mix the flour.
8. Mix in the whipping cream, followed by the other 1/2 of the flour.
9. Pour the batter into the prepared mini Bundt and paw cake moulds. Fill the batter to the rim.
10. Bake in the middle rack of a preheated oven set at 180 degree Celsius for about 20 minutes, or until the cakes turn golden.
When the cake is well baked, the edge will shrink away from the wall of the mould.
11. Allow the cake to rest in the pan for 3 minutes before inverting out to cool on a wire rack.