An easy to prepare porridge which can be served separately as soup and rice 🍚
Servings: 4 persons
Steamed rice for 4
4 stalks spinach
1 small stalk carrot
1 packet pork/chicken ball with filling
1/2 tsp fried shallots
1 cube chicken stock
1/4 tsp rice wine
Dash of salt
Salt, sugar, pepper to taste
1. Rinse and soak rice for 20 to 30 minutes. Cook the rice with 1/4 tsp of oil and light soya sauce in a rice cooker.
Add water to about 1 cm above the rice. Use slightly less water than usual to keep the rice slightly drier for the porridge.
2. Wash and rinse spinach with vegetable wash.
Blanch with boiling water and soak for about 10 minutes.
Slightly squeeze dry the spinach and cut into 2-cm in length. Set aside.
3. Add 800 to 1000ml of water to a pot. Sprinkle fried shallots into the water and bring to a boil.
4. While waiting for the water to boil, Peel and cut carrot into thick slice.
5. When the water starts to boil, drop in the sliced carrot and pork balls.
6. Scoop out the pork balls when the water boils again. Drop in the chicken stock cube and wait for it to dissolve.
7. While waiting for the chicken stock cube to dissolve, beat an egg in a bowl, and add in 1/4 tsp of rice wine as well as dash of salt.
Drizzle the beaten egg over the boiling soup base slowly to form strands of egg.
I use a teaspoon to drizzle the beaten egg spoon by spoon.
8. Finally, shake some pepper over, add sugar and salt to taste, and bring in the spinach and pork balls.
The soup is ready 😁
9. For porridge, just scoop the steamed rice into the soup and serve 😋