A sweetly glazed chicken drumsticks or thighs infused with fish sauce, lemongrass, and lime flavour - a flavour that is distinctive to Vietnamese dishes. The juicy and tender roast chicken went well with sweet and slightlt tangy mango, and coconut flavoured steamed rice 🍛😀
Served 4 persons
Ingredients500~600g chicken thighs/drumsticks
1 stalk lemongrass
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1.5 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp dark brown sugar
1 tbsp raw sugar
1 tsp coconut/vegetable oil
1/2 tsp salt
Juice from 2 green limes
Cut red chilli
Chopped coriander leaves
Sliced mango, optional
Directions1. Bruised the lemongrass and cut into about 2 cm in length. Set aside.
2. Mix all the marinades together in a small bowl.
3. Rinse chicken parts and pat dry.
4. Pour both the chicken parts and the marinades into a big plastic bag.
Toss the content to ensure even coating. Toss the content again after 30 minutes. Let them marinate for about 3 hours or more.
5. Arrange the marinated chicken parts on a baking tray lined with parchment paper in a single layer. Collect the leftover marinade in a bowl for bastng later.
Bake in a preheated oven toaster at 180°C for about 15 minutes.
After the first round of heating, take out the tray of chicken and brush with the leftover marinade.
Return the tray of chicken to the oven toaster, and bake for about 10 minutes at 160°C. Repeat this step for about 5 to 6 times to get a shiny and golden glaze.
Baked with drumsticks
6. Sprinkle some cut red chilli and coriander leaves over the roast chicken before serving. Enjoy 🍗with sliced mango and steamed coconut rice 😋🌷