A very fragrant butter cake with the addition of roasted ground almond. The sweet and sour cranberry bits complement the slightly springy texture of the cake well. To me, un-moulding a bundt cake with perfect edge is always a challenge to me. Happy that I got this bundt cake out quite perfectly 😊
Yield: one round bundt cake
Pan size: using Nordic Ware 0.7L or 3 cups size pan*
Baking temperature: 150℃ for 30 minutes, increase to 170℃ for 10 minutes.
* I bought the small bundt pan from Tott at Century Square
Ingredients:All ingredients in room temperature
using 55g omega 3&6 eggs
75g unsalted butter, softened
65g caster sugar
pinch of salt
60g top/cake flour
1g baking powder
15g ground almond
15g plain Greek yogurt
10g golden syrup/honey/condensed milk
1/2 tps vanilla extract
15g dried cranberries
Directions:1. Coat the bundt pan with butter and dust with top flour. Set aside.
2. Roast ground almond in a preheated toaster oven at 150℃ for about 5~8 minutes till golden. Keep a close eye to prevent over-burning the ingredient.
3. Cut dried cranberries into small bits. Set aside.
4. Combine Greek yogurt, golden syrup and vanilla extract in a small container. Set aside.
5. Beat eggs, using the balloon whisk of a hand blender, till foamy. Set aside.
6. Cream softened butter with salt and caster sugar till pale and fluffy.
7. Blend beaten egg to whipped butter till well combined.
8. Sieve and mix in the top flour and baking powder.
Add the roasted ground almond to the batter.
Mix in the yogurt mixture from Step 4.
Finally, fold in the dried cranberries.
9. Pour the cake batter to the prepared bundt pan.
Bang the pan a few times to level and to get rid of trapped air bubbles.
10. Bake at middle rack of a preheated oven at 150℃ for 30 minutes, or till an inserted cake tester draws out clean.
Increase the oven temperature to 170℃ for about 5 to 10 minutes to brown the crust till golden.
11. Transfer the cake pan to a cooling rack to cool down for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Do not let the cake cool down completely before un-moulding as the solidified sugar would stick to the mould making un-moulding difficult.
Invert out the cake after about 15 to 20 minutes.
This step is optional.
Cover with a cling wrap to keep the moisture in while cooling down further.
12. Cut and enjoy 😋