Yield: One loaf
Pan size: Jamie Oliver 1L cake pan, 17.5x10x9 cm
Raw dough weight: 460g
Baking temperature: 180℃ for 10 minutes, 170℃ for 25 minutes, at middle rack
Ingredients140g Prima bread flour
15g Prima superfine wholegrain flour
25g caster sugar
1g instant dry yeast *
15g beaten egg
85g cold milk
10g condensed milk
10g water, to be added during kneading
1~2g fine salt
20g unsalted butter
Directions1. Mix all the ingredients, except the fine salt and unsalted butter, together in a mixing bowl.
Stir in one direction till all the ingredients formed into a lump.
Cover with a lid and let it rest for about 15 minutes.
2. Knead the dough into a smooth dough.
3. Spread out the dough, sprinkle the salt over, and add the cold unsalted butter over it, too. Let them rest for about 5 minutes for the butter to soften slightly.
Knead till the dough reaches
window pane when stretched.
4. Roll the dough into a ball,
keep in a slightly oiled plastic bag. Tie a loose knot at the end.
Store the dough in a covered bowl in a fridge overnight.
5. In the next day, remove the dough from the fridge. Invert it with the plastic bag, and let it thaw to room temperature for about 1 hour.
6. Dust the work top and dough with some bread flour.
Flatten the dough to remove most of the trapped air.
Shape into a ball. cover with a lid, and let it rest for 15 minutes.
7. While waiting, coat the bread pan with a layer of butter. Set aside.
8. Roll out the dough using a rolling pin.
Flip over and roll out again.
Roll up the dough from the shorter end.
Pinch to seal at the end of the rolled dough.
Lower the dough into the prepare bread pan.
Spray some thin mist over the dough,
cover with a tea towel, and let the dough proof in room temperature (about 29℃) for about 45~60 minutes.
Or till the dough rises to about 2/3 height of the pan.
9. Preheat the oven to 180℃ for about 10 minutes.
Brush a layer of egg wash over the top of the dough.
10. Bake at 180℃ for 10 minutes, reduce to 170℃ for 25 minutes, at middle rack
Cover the top of the loaf with aluminum foil, at the final 10 minutes, to prevent over-browning the top.
11. Remove the loaf from oven,
invert out the bread and let it cool down over a wire rack.
Cut after the bread has totally cool down. Enjoy 😋