This is my latest pandan waffle pancake recipe which will produce a waffle with a crispy crust and soft crumb if you serve it hot or warm. The recipe also replaces coconut milk and butter by fresh milk and coconut oil. And it tasted yummy. Interested to give it a try?
Yield: about 7 pieces of 12cm square waffle pancake
Using Tefal Break Time waffle maker
Ingredients3 egg whites
60g caster sugar
3 egg yolks
5g rice flour
5g glutinous rice flour
20g hot water
115g Prima Plain flour with 25% superfine wholegrain flour
3g double acting baking powder
1/8 tsp low sodium salt
15~18g pandan leaves
50g hot water
10g condensed milk
20g coconut oil/mild flavour vegetable oil
Directions1. Mix rice flour and glutinous rice flour in a small heat resistant bowl.
Pour 20g of very hot water into the flour mixture. Do not stir.
Cover with a lid, and let it stands for about 10 to 15 minutes.
It will turn into a smooth paste. Cover and set aside.
2. Cut pandan leaves into thin strips and pour 50g of hot water into a mixing cup. Let it stands for about 15~20 minutes, or till the temperature drops substantially.
Blend the pandan leaves and the water in a food processor till the leaves turns very fine into a puree. Set aside.
3. Combine milk and condensed milk in a container. Set aside.
4. Mix plain flour, double acting baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
5. In a clean, dry and oil-free mixing bowl, beat egg whites till frothy. Add in the caster sugar and continue to beat till the meringue becomes shiny and achieve soft peak.
Blend in the egg yolk, one at a time.
till the batter reaches ribbon stage.
7. Blend in the rice paste from Step 1.
Sieve and mix half of the flour mixture from Step 4 to the batter.
Followed by the pandan puree from Step 2,
the milk mixture from Step 3, and mix well.
Sieve and mix in the remaining half of the flour mixture.
Finally, blend in the coconut oil.
Use a spatula to give the batter a more thorough mix.
8. Transfer to a measuring jug, seal with cling wrap.
and keep in the fridge for about 1 hour or overnight.
If you are baking it right after, just leave the batter in room temperature for about 30~60 minutes.
8. Preheat the waffer maker, and spray non-stick cooking spray over the plates.
When the indicator light turns green,
Give the batter a few stirs before cooking. Pour the pandan batter to cover the grooves of the plates.
Close the cover and wait for the light to turn green again. If you prefer a darker crust, let the waffle bake longer.
9. Remove the pancake waffles from the maker.
Serve hot to taste the crispy crust and soft crumb pandan waffles. Enjoy 😋