Have you tried this Kit Kat Matcha Chocolatory Bar with almond and cranberry bits? It is a pity that this delicious edition of matcha bar is only available in Japan.
It was so yummy that I sent them from Japan using express mail that cost me close to SGD 80 for 4 packets 😱
This matcha cake was designed to imitate the matcha chocolatory bar - not 100% but close 😋
Yield: one 6" round cake
Baking temperature: 160℃ for 30 mintues and 170℃ for 5 minutes
IngredientsAll ingredients in room temperature
Using 55g Omega 3&6 eggs
3 eggs, 175~180g
70g fine sugar
97g top/cake flour
3g matcha powder
10g condensed milk
20g unsalted butter
Directions1. Coat an 6" round cake pan with a little oil. Line the side and the base with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Warm milk, condensed milk and butter in a heat resistant container till the butter melted. Keep warm till needed.
3. Combine top flour and matcha in a bowl. Set aside.
4. Add sugar to eggs in a mixing bowl placed over a warm water bath.
When the mixture has warmed up to about 42℃, starts to beat the eggs using an electric hand mixer at high speed,
Continue to beat till reaching ribbon stage.
5. Sieve and fold in the matcha-flour mixture, in a few small batches.
6. Pour in the warm milk-butter mixture and mix lightly.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared lined cake pan, from a height of about 20cm.
Drop the pan twice to get rid of trapped air bubbles.
8. Bake at middle rack of a preheated oven set at 160℃ for 30 minutes.
Increase the temperature to 170℃ for 5 minutes.
Drop the cake with the pan to a kitchen towel thrice, from a height of about 15cm. This is to prevent the cake from shrinking during cooling down.
Invert the cake and cover it loosely with cling wrap for about 30 minutes.
Let the cake cool down to room temperature.
Matcha Whipped CreamIngredients
100g whipping cream, cold
10g icing sugar
12g matcha concentrate capsule, cold
|This is the matcha concentrate capsule|
1. Freeze a tall mixing cup and balloon whisk for about 15 minutes before use.
Beat the cold whipping cream using the Turbo speed of an handheld blender till the cream has thickened slightly. This will take about 1~2 minutes.
2. Add in the icing sugar, continue to beat at Turbo speed till the icing sugar has well blended.
3. Pour in the cold matcha concentrate and beat till the whipped cream reaches firm peak. Use Speed 1 for the final minute to prevent over-whipping the cream.
4. Store the matcha whipped cream in a piping bag fixed with 1-cm round nozzle. Keep in the fridge till needed.
Toppings35g diced almond, roasted
20g dried cranberries, cut into fine bits
Assembling the cake1. Cut the cake into 3 layers.
2. Pipe matcha whipped cream over,
and spread the cream out. Stack the middle layer over and repeat the step for the top layer.
3. Spread the matcha whipped cream over the top of the cake.
Scatter the roasted diced almonds and dried cranberries bits over the top.
Cover with a cling wrap, press the nut and cranberry bits lightly down.
4. Freeze the cake for 1 hour and keep in the chiller for 30 minutes before cutting. Enjoy 😋