Yield: 1x14cm round cake
2 eggs, room temperature
80g raw sugar
60g low fat milk
1 tsp or 3g olive oil
1x10cm orange peel, grated
70g top flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cocoa powder
|Use only the orange part of the peel. The white part is bitter.|
1. Blend milk, oatmeal, olive oil and orange peel in a food processor for 10 seconds.
|Blend milk, oatmeal, orange peel and olive oil|
using a food processor or blender.
|Finished blending the milk mixture.|
2. Mix flour with baking powder using a hand whisk.
|Add the baking powder to the flour and mix well.|
3. Heat up about 1cm depth of water in a pot.
4. Add eggs and sugar to a clean bowl. Place the bowl over the pot of warm water. Start beating the eggs with an electric mixer at high speed for 1 minute. Then continue to beat for 10 minutes at low speed (or till soft peaks formed when lift up the whisk).
|Beat the egg over a pot of warm water.|
|Beat the egg till soft peak formed.|
5. Pour in the milk mixture from 1, and mix well using an electric mixer at low speed.
|Add the milk mixture to the egg batter.|
6. Sieve in the top flour, in three batches, into the batter. Mix well using a hand whisk after each addition of flour.
|Sieve the flour in three batches to the batter.|
|Scrap the side and bottom of the mixing bowl to ensure no milk is settle below.|
7. Line a 14cm round cake tin with baking paper. Pour the batter into the tin leaving about 100ml to mix with the cocoa powder.
|Pour the batter into the cake mould|
8. After mixing the 100 ml of batter with cocoa powder, pour it over the egg batter in the cake mould in a 'ring' pattern. Use a chopstick running through the cocoa batter a few rounds to create a marble effect.
|Pour the chocolate batter to the egg batter|
in a ring form.
|Use a chop stick to run a few rounds|
to form the marble pattern.
9. Steam at medium low heat for bout 20 minutes or till cooked.
|Place a steamer stand in a pot of hot water, about 1 cm in height.|
|Preparing to steam.|
|The steamer cloth is to absorb any|
condensed water dripping from the lid.
But it is optional.
9. Cool the cake on a rack before cutting and serve :)
|Cooling on a rack.|
|Cut the cake when cool.|