Yield: serve 4 persons (small eaters)
2 potatoes, cut in thick slices
2 cloves garlic, chopped
80g minced pork
1 tsp light soya sauce
1/2 tsp raw sugar
Dash of pepper
Dash of seasoning powder
1/2 tbsp light soya sauce
1/2 tbsp sweet soya sauce
1 tsp potato/corn starch mixed with 1 tbsp water
The sauce may adjust according to your preference :)
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into thick slices. Rinse the sliced potatoes to wash away the extra starch.
|Sliced the potato and soak in the|
water to wash away the starch.
2. Sprinkle some salt onto the drained potato slices and rub onto every surface,. Put the potato slices in a heat resistant bowl. Pour 100ml of water into a rice cooker pot, and place the bowl of potato in. Turn on the rice cooking mode to cook the potato. When the rice cooker 'beep', the potato will be cooked. Set aside.
|The raw potato slices.|
|Sprinkle about 1/2 tsp of salt|
onto the potato before cooking.
Rub the salt onto all the potato surface.
|Cook the potato slices in rice cooker by|
adding 100ml water to the pot.
|Start the rice cooking mode to |
cook the potato slices.
|The cooked potato slices - soft but not mashy|
3. Marinate the minced pork for 10 minutes.
|Marinate the minced pork for 10 min.|
4. Heat the pot using medium heat. Pour in about 2 tsp of olive oil to stir fry the chopped garlic till fragrant. Stir in the marinated minced pork. When the pork starts to turn pale, pour in the water, light soya sauce and sweet soya sauce.
|Stir-fried the garlic till fragrant.|
|Stir-fried the minced pork in medium heat.|
|Add in water when the minced pork |
starting to turn pale.
|Stir in the starch water at the end of cooking.|
5. When the gravy is about to boil, stir in the cooked potato slices to mix well. Finally, add in the starch water.
6. Scoop out the dish and serve with warm rice :)