Yield: One 20x10x16cm loaf
Ingredients (room temperature)
160g whole milk 全脂牛奶
20g condensed milk 炼乳
3/4 tsp instant dry yeast 即发酵母粉
270g bread flour 高筋面粉
20g top flour 低筋面粉
40g fine sugar
30g multigrain soya pulp 五谷豆渣*
30g beaten egg 蛋液
1/4 tsp salt 盐
30g unsalted butter 无盐奶油
30g dried cranberry bits 干蔓越莓粒
Some beaten egg for glazing 蛋液
* you may replace the multigrain soya pulp by 20g whole milk and 10g top/cake flour
* 可将五谷豆渣以20g 全脂牛奶和10g 低筋面粉取代。
1. Add condensed milk to whole milk (temperature not exceeding 38 degree Celsius). Sprinkle instant dry yeast over the milk mixture without stirring it. Let the mixture stands for about 15 minutes to activate the yeast.
2. Mix the rest of the ingredients together, except the butter, in a mixing bowl.
3. Pour in the yeast milk mixture from (1). And stir the mixture in one direction till it forms into a lump.
4. After the 20 minutes rest, turn the dough onto a floured work top.
Knead the dough by slamming - pulling -folding and turning in repeated steps till the dough becomes smooth. This process takes about 10 minutes.
5. Spread out the dough and apply softened butter to it. Knead to incorporate butter into the dough.
6. When the butter has well incorporated into the dough, repeat the slamming-pulling-folding and turning steps till you get an elastic dough. This process take about 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Place the dough in a lightly greased mixing bowl, spray some water, cover, and allow the dough to proof for 1 hour, or till the dough doubles in size.
8. After the proofing, invert the dough onto a floured surface. Flatten the dough to released the trapped air.
9. Fold in the four sides to the center.
10. After the rest, sprinkle some flour over the dough, and flip it over.
11. Lower the dough into the mould, spray some water, and let it proof in the oven for about 1 hour, or till the dough reaches the rim of the mould.
12. Apply a layer of egg wash over the top of the dough.
13. Bake the dough in a preheated oven set at 170 degree Celsius for
1) 45 to 50 minutes if you are using a thick-wall Pullman tin; or
2) 38 to 40 minutes if you are using normal thin wall bakeware.
14. When the baking is done, remove the loaf from the tin immediately. Allow the loaf to cool down completely on a wire rack before slicing it with bread knife.