An orange-peel flavoured bread dough filled with melted butter cream. The butter-rich base, is well balance by the refreshing orange bread above. A nice small bun to enjoy with a cup of black tea :)
Yield: 10 pcs of 5x3x5cm bun
180g bread flour 高筋面粉
20g top flour 低筋面粉
25g fine sugar 细糖
1/2 tsp instant dry yeast 速发干酵母
1/4 tsp salt 盐
20g beaten egg 蛋液
115g fresh milk 鲜奶
20g condensed milk 炼乳
1 tbsp orange peel, shredded 橙皮丝
20g unsalted butter, softened 无盐奶油
Butter Cream Filling 奶油馅
50g unsalted butter, softened 无盐奶油
1/4 tsp salt 盐
20g fine sugar 细糖
1 tbsp beaten egg
1 tbsp corn starch 黍米粉
Egg wash 蛋液
Some long orange peel 一些长橙皮做装饰
2. Warm fridge-cold fresh milk and condensed milk in a rice cooker using "Keep Warm" function for 5 to 6 minutes. Or, leave it to stand in room temperature for about 20~30 minutes.
Temperature of the mixture should not exceed 38 degree Celsius.
3. Sprinkle the dry yeast over the surface of the milk mixture, without stirring. Cover with a lid, and let it stands for about 15 minutes.
4. Mix all ingredients, except butter, together and slowly pour in the milk mixture from (3). Stir the dough in one direction, till it forms into a lump. Cover with a lid and let the dough stands for 15 minutes.
5. Wear a pair of CPE disposable gloves to handle the sticky dough. Grab one end of the dough and slam it against the wall of the mixing bowl for about 1/2 ~ 1 minute or till the stickiness reduced.
6. Transfer the dough to a floured work top and knead the dough by slamming and folding for 10 minutes, or till the dough becomes smooth.
7. Spread out the dough and add softened butter to it. Knead to incorporate the butter into the dough and achieve a smooth and elastic dough.
8. Place the dough in a greased mixing bowl. Spray some water over the surface of the dough, cover with a lid, and allow it to proof for about 1 hour, or till its size doubles.
While waiting for the dough to proof, you can start to prepare the butter cream filling.
1⃣. Cream the softened butter with a hand whisk till pale.
2⃣. Add in fine sugar and salt. Continue to whisk till light and fluffy.
3⃣. Add in beaten egg and blend well.
4⃣. Add in the corn starch and blend well. Store the bowl of butter cream in the fridge for about 6 minutes, so the cream will not be too soft to handle.
5⃣. Transfer the butter cream to a plastic bag. Use a dough cutter to scrap the butter cream towards the sealed end of the plastic bag. Compress slightly to mould into a cylinder shape. Store the cream in the freezer for about 30 minutes to harden the butter cream.
8. After the dough has doubles its size, turn out the dough onto a floured work top. Deflate the dough using your palm. Divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
Each portion is about 41g
9. Roll up the dough, pull down the sides of the dough to tighten the outer layer.
10. Dust the dough balls with flour, keep in a bowl, and cover with a lid. Allow the dough to rest for 15 minutes.
11. Take a dough ball, and roll it into a flat dough with the edge thinner than the middle.
12. Place a hardened butter milk from 6⃣，in the middle of the dough.
13. Arrange the raw buns over a baking sheet, spray some water, and proof in a closed oven for 40 minutes.
14. Remove the raw buns from the oven, and starts to preheat the oven to 170 degree Celsius for about 10 minutes.
Brush a coat of egg wash over the dough surface.
15. Place some long orange peel over the top, and brush a second coat of egg wash.
16. Bake the bread in the oven set at 170 degree for 15 minutes, or till the top turns golden.
Transfer the bread out, and allow it to cool on a wire rack immediately.