Yield: One 18Lx12Wx8H cm loaf
Appliances: Whirlpool BM1000
160g bread flour 高筋面粉
4g cocoa powder, about 2 tsp 可可粉
125g warm water 温水
25g raw sugar 黄糖
4g salt, about 1/3 tsp 盐
25g veggie oil 植物油
40g rye flour 黑麦粉
3/4 tsp instant dry yeast 即发酵母粉
Bread flour for coating 高筋面粉做装饰
1. Mix cocoa powder with bread flour using a small hand whisk.
2. Pour warm water (not exceeding 38 degree Celsius) into the bread pan.
3. Add in the raw sugar and salt.
4. Pour in the coconut oil or vegetable oil.
5. Pour in the cocoa-flour mixture from (1).
6. Add in the rye flour.
7. Dig a hole and pour in the instant dry yeast.
8. Place the bread pan into the breadmaker and select "Dough" function to proceed.
9. The dough is ready.
10. Sprinkle bread flour over the work tops as well as the dough surface before inverting it out.
11. Flatten the dough to release the trapped air.
12. Roll up the dough, cover with a lid, and let it rest for 15 minutes.
13. After the rest, roll out the dough into an oval shape.
14. Roll up the dough.
15. Place the dough over a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Spray some water over the dough surface.
16. Place the dough in a closed oven, turn on the minimum temperature for 1 minute to raise the temperature slightly.
Let the dough proof for about 40 minutes, or till it double in size.
17. After the proofing, remove the dough from the oven. Preheat the oven to 200 degree Celsius.
While waiting, sprinkle some bread flour over the top of dough.
18. Bake at the middle rack of the oven at 200 degree Celsius for 20 to 25 minutes.
To test whether the bread has baked through, tap a spoon against the crust, if it sounds hollow, then the bread is baked.
19. Allow the loaf to cool down completely before slicing it :)
You also baked the dough in a 25x10x6 cm loaf pan for 25 minutes at 190 degree Celsius, at middle rack of the oven.
Recipe adapted from: