There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, 24 March 2015

Soya Butter SpongeCake 烫面豆浆奶油蛋糕

Every weekday morning, I would brew multigrain soya milk using a soya milk maker. The multigrains involve more than 80% organic soya beans, with the remaining 20% comprises of black beans, red kidney beans, walnuts, almonds and pumpkin seeds, as well as 2 blades of pandan leaves for added aroma. Home brewed soya milk is usually  more concentrate than those packet drinks. Therefore, if you are using a commercial pack, try to look for more concentrated version, like those found at the supermart fridge.
The soya milk and butter made a good combination in this soft and moist spongecake :)

Cake mould: 6" round mould

Ingredients
All ingredient in room temperature 
Using 60g eggs
40g unsalted butter
40g top/cake flour
45g pandan flavoured soya milk
3 egg yolks

3 egg whites
40g fine sugar
5g corn starch

Direction 
1. Mix sugar with corn starch. Set aside.

2. Loosen the flour using a hand whisk. Set aside.

3. Melt butter in low heat till small bubbles start to form throughout the melted butter. Stir constantly to ensure even heating and to prevent a sudden burst of air bubble in the hot butter.



4. Add in flour and remove from heat to stir.

5. Stir in the soya milk.

6. Add in the egg yolks, one at a time, to the batter.


7. Cover the butter batter with a lid and set aside.

8. In a clean, dry and grease-free bowl beat egg white till frothy, for about 30 seconds. Add in the sugar mixture from (1), in 3 batches. 

9. Beat at high speed at the start and reduce to low speed towards the end of the process. In order for the cake to hold its height in an open mould, it is advisable to beat the meringue till almost reaching stiff peak stage, the meringue will stay in an inverted bowl without falling off.


10. Scoop about 1/3 of the meringue into butter batter from (7). Fold to mix.

11. Pour the butter batter back to the remaining meringue and fold to mix.



12. Pour the batter into an ungreased  6" round cake mould. Lightly bang the cake mould a few times to remove any trapped air bubbles in the batter.


13. Preheat oven to 150 degree Celsius. 
Bake the batter at 150 degree Celsius for 10 minutes at the lower rack of the oven. 
Original recipe bake the cake at 170 degree Celsius for 45 minutes at lower rack of the oven.

Next, reduce the temperature to 130 degree Celsius and bake for 30 minutes.

Increase the oven temperature to 150 degree Celsius for another 10 minutes to brown and dry up the top.


14. Remove the cake from the oven and invert to cool immediately.

15. After the cake has cooled down, the side will shrink from the wall. Use a soft spatula to help to dislodge the cake from the mould.


16. As the base of the cake is quite moist, give it a 65 degree Celsius heat up in a toaster oven for about 10 minutes to partially dry up the base.

17. Allow the cake to cool down before cutting. 





4 comments:

  1. Hi Ngai Leng,

    This cake looks lovely. It is interesting that you have used a toaster oven to brown the edge of this cake.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zoe :)
      As this is a small cake, it fits into the toaster oven nicely. It saved energy too :)

      Delete
  2. 看了非常喜欢这个蛋糕。
    谢谢你的详细的解说和分享

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 谢谢 Joceline 你的美丽留言 :)

      Delete

I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)