Yield: two 5" pies
80g plain flour
40g cold unsalted butter
1/8 ~1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fine sugar
2~3 tsp cold water
1. Place all the ingredients, except the cold water, in a mixing bowl.
Keep the ingredients in the fridge for 15 minutes.
2. Using the rubbing-in method to combine all the ingredients, except the water, into bread crumb form.
3. Finally add in cold water to bind the bread-crumb alike mixture together into a big lump.
4. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions, about 65g each. Cover and place in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
5. Roll out the dough between two plastic sheets into a thin crust slightly larger than the pie pan. Shape to fit to the pie pan.
6. Poke the base with a fork to create ventilation holes. Set aside.
50g fresh milk
Some seasoning powder
1/4 tsp chopped garlic
40g baby spinach leaves
2 button mushrooms, sliced
Some mozzarella and cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Mix egg, milk, seasoning powder and garlic. Set aside.
2. Wash and drain spinach leaves. Cut into thin strips. Squeeze out excess juice.
3. Place spinach leaves into the pie crust, pour in the egg mixture. Arrange the sliced mushroom slice over the top.
4. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese over the top.
5. Bake in a toaster over at 200 degree Celsius for about 20 to 25 minutes, or till the centre of the pie becomes bulge.