We have to savour every bite of the little cake as everyone in the family have only one cake ><
Mould size : 6cm diameter x 5cm height
Ingredients (room temperature)
1 tsp cocoa powder 可可粉
1~1.5 tsp hot water 热水
35g top/cake flour 低筋面粉
1/4 tsp baking powder 泡打粉
25g whipping cream* 动物性鲜奶油
1 tsp condensed milk 炼乳
1 tsp vegetable oil 植物油
1/4 tsp vanilla essence 香草精
1 egg, separated 蛋，分开
35g fine sugar 细糖
* whipping cream can be substituted with fresh milk
1. Mix cocoa powder with hot water into a paste. Set aside.
2. Mix top/cake flour with baking powder. Set aside.
3. Combine whipping cream, condensed milk, oil and vanilla essence in a bowl. Set aside.
4. Add egg white into a dry and oil-free bowl. Beat egg white till frothy and add in sugar in three batches. Beat at high speed till firm peaks formed. Use low speed for the last 30 seconds.
5. Beat in egg yolk.
6. Fold in flour mixture from (2) and milk combination from (3) in alternative manner. Start with flour and end with flour.
7. Take 1/3 of the batter to combine with the cocoa paste from (1).
8. Pour half of the egg batter into 4 lightly greased cupcake moulds.
9. Pour the cocoa batter into the cupcake moulds forming the middle layer.
10. Fill up the moulds with the rest of the egg batter. Tap lightly to get rid of the trapped air bubbles.
11. Steam in medium high heat for 8 minutes, then lower to medium low for 4 minutes, or till cooked.
The cake will shrink away from the mould when ready.
Over-steaming or prolong high heat steaming may result in a shrunk and hard cake.
12. Allow the cakes to cool in the mould for about 3 minutes before inverting out to cool further.