If you have no patience to make ice cream on a hot day, this easy to prepare mousse is a good alternative. The slight tangy taste reduce the richness of the cream, and the sweet mango purée and chunks add good flavour to the cool dessert. This easy to prepare dessert can be ready within an hour :)
Yield: 4 x 200ml pudding bottles
300ml 35% thickened cream
30g icing sugar
1 tbsp lime juice
1 medium size ripen mango
1. Keep a damp kitchen cloth, a deep metal mixing bowl, and a pair of whisks in the freezer for 1/2 an hour.
Keeping the equipment cold is essential in whipping up the cream in our hot climate.
2. Cut some of the mango in chunks and use a spoon to scoop out the rest.
3. Purée those scooped out mango using a blender.
Keep the mango purée and chunks in a fridge till needed.
4. Collect 1 tbsp of juice from a large lime. Set aside.
5. Remove the cooled equipment from the freezer. Pour thickened cream and icing sugar into the cold mixing bowl standing on the cold damp tablecloth.
6. Fix the cool whisks to the hand mixer and start whipping the mixture at high speed for about 2.5 to 3 minutes.
Do not over whip the cream to prevent it from segregating into butter and water.
7. Pour in the lime juice and mix briefly.
8. Scoop the whipped cream, mango purée and chunks into 4 cooled pudding bottle in alternate layers.
You can keep the pudding bottles in the fridge earlier before use.
9. Run a thin butter knife in circles to create a swirl pattern.
10. The mango in tangy mousse is ready. Serve immediately:)