Yield: 4 servings
2 cod fillets
1 tbsp low salt miso 低盐味噌
1 tbsp dark brown sugar 黑砂糖
2 tsp mirin/sweet Japanese wine 味淋
1/8 tsp dark soya sauce 黑酱油
1/2 tsp fried shallot 葱头酥
The quantity of each marinating ingredients can be adjusted to suit your taste.
2 sheets of parchment paper
Cut red chili
1. Combine all the marinating ingredients into a paste.
2. Rinse and pat dry the cod fillets.
Apply a thick coat of marinade over the fillet.
3. Apply another layer of marinade on the parchment paper.
Place the fillet over the marinade.
4. Fold over the parchment paper to cover the fillet.
Give a series of continuous folds to the edge of the parchment paper to transform the parchment paper into a pocket to seal the fillet within.
At the end, give the corner a few twists to secure the folds.
7. Let the fish fillet rest for about 5 minutes before slit the paper open. Beware of the steam while slit open the paper bag :)
8. Slit open the paper and garnish with green scallion, Chinese coriander and cut red chili. Enjoy :)