Yield: 9 small buns in a 23cm ring pan
Breadmaker: Whirlpool BM 1000
Raw dough: about 594g
Bread weight: 559g
120g purple sweet potato paste 紫薯泥
260g bread flour 高筋面包
3/4 tsp instant dry yeast 即发干酵母
30g fine sugar 细砂糖
1/4 tsp salt 盐
40g cold coconut milk 冷椰奶
100g cold fresh milk 冷鲜奶
20g beaten egg 蛋液
20g unsalted butter 无盐牛油
Some beaten egg as egg wash
1. Prepare the sweet potato bread dough in a breadmaker.
For detail please refer to the similar recipe via this link:
2. Coat the ring pan with butter and a thin layer of bread flour. Set aside.
3. The dough is ready.
4. Invert the dough out of the bread pan and onto a floured work top.
Press down the dough to release the trapped air.
Wear a pair of disposable gloves to handle the rather sticky dough.
5. Divide the dough into 9 equal portions, about 66g each. Shape them into 9 ball shape doughs, by pulling down the sides of the dough, and seal at the bottom.
Roll to shape.
Place the dough in prepared ring pan.
6. Spray some water over the doughs and place in a warm closed oven to proof for about 35 to 40 minutes, or till the dough almost reach the brim of the mould.
7. Apply a layer of egg wash over the surafce.
Beware not to let the egg flow down the edge, as this will cause the bread to sticky to the pan.
8. Pre-heat the oven to 190 degree Celsius. After sending the dough into the oven，reduce the oven temperature to 170 degree Celsius. Bake at the lower rack for about 17 to 20 minutes, or till the top turns golden.
9. Remove the bread from the pan and allow to cool on a wire rack.
10. Enjoy after cooling down :)