Using mostly canned food to prepare this delicious rice cooked in a mini rice cooker. Besides preparing entirely in a rice cooker, the dish can be partially prepared in a cooking pot, then transfer to a rice cooker to finish up the cooking.
Less oil is needed as compared to pan-frying the rice :)
Yield: 2 servings
1 cup rice, soak for 1/2 hour
75g Korean kimchi, cut into small slice
50g luncheon meat, diced
4 whole button mushrooms, sliced
1/4 yellow onion, diced
1 tsp garlic, chopped
1. Fill the soaked rice with water. The water level should be about 0.8 cm above the rice. This give a rough estimation of the amount of water to be added. Set aside.
2. Add 1.5 tsp of olive oil to the rice cooker inner pot and followed by garlic, onion and luncheon meat.
Close the lid and start the the "Cooking" process.
If the rice cooker switches to "keep warm" mode when you open the lid, you need to set it back to "cooking" mode when you cover it back.
2. When you can hear the sizzling sound coming from the mini rice cooker, open the lid and give the ingredients a few stirs. Cover and let it cook till fragrant.
3. Stir in the kimchi, cover to cook for about 3 minutes.
4. Pour in the rice water and add seasoning like sugar, salt, seasoning powder and the remaining kimchi sauce.
The quantity of seasoning to depend on individual taste.
5. Add in the rice and button mushrooms.
Give the ingredients a few good stirs, lock the lid and let the cooking continues.
6. After the rice cooker switches to keep warm mode, let the keep warm mode runs for about 10 minutes. Turn off the power supply, and let the rice simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Scoop out the rice to two serving bowls, top up with fried egg, kimchi and green scallion. Enjoy :)