Servings: 2 persons
Ingredients3/4 cup Thai white rice
2 tsp five-grains rice/brown rice
1 dried shiitake mushroom, soaked
1 big chunk cauliflower, cut into smaller chunks
5-cm long carrot, peeled and cut
2 mustard green, cut into shorter lengths
1 tsp Singapore Hainanese Chicken Rice paste
1/2 tsp mushroom powder/chicken stock powder
2 pcs frozen Korean Kimchi Pork dumpling, thawed
2 pcs mini BBQ pork
Some spring onions and chinese coriander leaves to garnish
|Mushroom powder & Singapore Hainanese Chicken Rice Paste
|mini BBQ pork
Directions1. Thaw the frozen Korean kimchi pork dumplings to allow them to be cooked in shorter period of time. The cooking process for a rice cooker is relatively short, about 20 minutes.
2. Rinse the rice with cold water, and soak in warm water to quicken the cooking time for the five-grain rice or brown rice. Soak for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
3. Cut the vegetables into small chunks or length. Slice the soaked shiitake mushroom, and keep the mushroom water for later use.
4. Pour the soaked rice and mushroom water into the inner pot of a mini rice cooker.
Add more water till the water is almost 1 cm above the rice surface.
Add Singapore Hainanese Chicken Rice paste,
and mushroom powder into it. Stir to mix well.
5. Add in carrot, cauliflower and shiitake mushrooms. Give the content a few stirs.
And start the cooking process.
At the same time, start a 10-minute countdown timer.
6. When the timer rings, the content should be boiling.
Place the thawed dumpling above the boiling ingredients.
Start a 5-minutes countdown timer.
7. When the timer rings, the content should be a little dry, but cooking process still continue. Place the green mustard above the dumplings. Close the lid, and let the cooking continue for about 6 to 7 minutes.
The rice cooker will switch to "Keep Warm" mode at the end of 6~7 minutes.
8. Remove the cooked green mustard from the rice cooker. This will prevent the green vegetable from turning yellow at the end of the cooking.
9. Add in the mini BBQ pork, close the lid, and let the content keep warm for about 5 minutes
before switching off the power.
10. Let the rice simmer for about 15 to 30 minutes to dry up the content.
End of cooking 😍
11. Serve warm with spring onion and Chinese coriander leaves. Enjoy 😋