Pandan, coconut and kaya sponge cupcake. Although the cakes were more on a sweet side, they were fragrant, soft and very yummy 😋😋😋
Yield: 7 cupcakes
Paper cup size: 5Dx4H cm
Baking temperature: Preheated oven at 180℃ for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 150℃ after closing the oven door, and bake for 27 minutes, or till top turns golden. Bake in the middle rack of the oven.
All ingredients at room temperature
Using 58g eggs
2 egg whites
25g fine sugar
20g raw cane sugar/fine sugar
pinch of salt
2 egg yolks
60g top/cake flour
3g corn starch
1g baking powder
11g less-sugar kaya
23g fresh pandan puree*
12g organic coconut oil
* Blend 20g fresh pandan leaves with 50g of water till it resembles puree. Collect 23g without straining.
1. In a clean, dry and oil-free mixing bowl, beat Ingredient A, egg whites with salt, fine sugar, and raw cane sugar, till reaching firm peak stage.
Mix in Ingredient B, egg yolk, one at a time.
Beat the egg batter till reaching ribbon stage.
2. Mix Ingredient C. Sieve in 1/3 of the Ingredient C mixture. Mix briefly using the whisks manually.
Mix Ingredient D in a small glass.
Fold in 1/2 of the Ingredient D mixture.
Fold in the remaining Ingredient C mixture and Ingredient D mixture in alternate sequence. End with Ingredient C mixture.
Fold the batter till smooth.
5. Distribute the batter evenly among 7 paper cake cups. Place over a baking tray.
6. Preheated oven at 180℃ for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 150℃ after closing the oven door, and bake for 27 minutes, or till top turns golden. Bake in the middle rack of the oven.
7. Remove from oven and cool over a wire rack.