A less-sweet florentine baked using egg white, honey and icing sugar in place of Florentine powder. The wetter version is best baked in an air fryer to remove any moisture trapped within the nut mixture.
A healthier snack to serve my family 😁💚💚
50g pumpkin seeds
50g slivered almond
10g white sesame seeds
5g black sesame seeds
15g egg white
12g icing sugar
pinch of low-sodium salt
1. Roast pumpkin seeds, slivered almonds, white sesame seeds, black sesame seeds at 150℃ for about 5 to 10 minutes, or till the nuts are fragrant but only lightly browned.
2. Mix egg white, honey, icing sugar and salt till the mixture is well combined and a little frothy.
3. Pour the warm roasted nuts from Step 1 into a mixing bowl, followed by the egg white mixture from Step 2. Mix using a silicone spatula till all the surface of the nuts are well coated with the egg white mixture.
4. Line a 19x13.5x3 cm pan with parchment paper, and brush with homemade non-stick baking spread or any non-stick spray/oil.
5. Pour the nut mixture over the parchment paper, and spread into an even layer using a silicone spatula.
Divide the nut mixture into 4 blocks. This is to facilitate the hot air reaching the interior of the nuts.
6.Preheat an air fryer to 150℃ for about 3 minutes. Lower the pan into the basket of an air fryer.
Bake at 150℃ for about 8 minutes, or till the surface of the nuts have turned brown.
Lower the temperature to 120℃ and bake for about 10 minutes to dry the Florentine.
7. Lift the hot florentine out of the air fryer and cool down over a wire rack.
8. After the florentine has cooled down, use a long knife to cut the hardened florentine into smaller chunks.
9. Keep the cool florentine in an air-tight container. Enjoy your healthier snacks 😋