A soft and slightly dense yeast bread added with mashed banana and butter - love the aroma of the bread. Just spread the bread with butter to enjoy the true aroma of the banana 🍌🍌😍
The other two recipes of my banana yeast bread trilogy:
Click the links to access the recipes 😉
Banana Cocoa Yeast Bread
Sugar Crust Cocoa Banana Bun
Yield: one loaf of bread
Pan size: 21x1x10cm, 1.5L bread pan, non-stick
Baking temperature: 190℃ for 15 minutes, 180℃ for 15 minutes, off oven for 5 minutes.
Ingredients280g bread flour
20g fine sugar
3g fine salt
50g cold milk
2g instant dry yeast
40g sourdough, 100% hydration *
150g banana, peeled and mashed
20g water, to be added during kneading
30g unsalted butter, softened
* sourdough can be replaced by 20g each of bread flour and water.
Directions:1. Sprinkle instant dry yeast over the surface of the cold milk. Cover and let it stands for 15 minutes, without stirring the content.
2. Peel and mash the bananas. Collect 150g of the mashed banana.
3. Mix bread flour, sugar and salt in a big mixing bowl. Followed by sourdough, mashed banana, milk + yeast from Step 1, and water.
|milk and yeast|
|Add water gradually depending on the dough condition|
As the dough was rather sticky, I preferred to knead it by "slap and fold" method.
4. After kneading the dough into a smooth dough, add softened butter to the dough.
Continue to knead till reaching window pane stage.
Shape the dough into a ball. Place the dough in a big, lightly greased mixing bowl, spray some water over, cover with a lid, and let it proof for about 80 minutes, or till it doubles in size.
|End of 80-minute proofing|
Deflate the dough.
Shape into a ball. Let the dough rest for about 15 minutes.
6. After the 15-minutes rest, roll out the dough, and keep the smoother face facing down.
Roll up the dough into a log.
Lower the dough into a bread pan greased with butter.
Spray some water, cover with a tea cloth, and let the dough proof in room temperature for about 80 to 90 minutes,
or till the dough rises to about 4/5 height of the pan.
7. Preheat the oven to 190℃ for about 10 minutes. While waiting, dust some bread flour over the dough and score it.
Bake at lower rack of the preheated oven at 190℃ for 15 minutes, reduce to 180℃ for 15 minutes, and turn off oven for 5 minutes.
8. Remove from oven, invert out the bread immediately onto a cooling rack.
Let it cool down to room temperature before cutting. Enjoy 😋
The banana bread was delicious just with butter 😋