A light, soft and flavourful banana butter cake which needed only one banana to bake. This is a trimmed version of my FB friend Barry Apek's yummy banana butter cake recipe. As I only have one banana in the kitchen, so I just reduce the original recipe by 2/3 😋
Yield: one loaf of cake
Pan size: 17x8x6 cm
Baking temperature: 160°C at middle rack for 35 minutes, or till an inserted cake tester draws out clean.
My oven has a surround-heating function which ensure even heating.
All ingredients in room temperature
50g unsalted butter, softened
40g raw cane sugar
10g dark brown sugar
1 egg, 59g
65g mashed banana
40g top/cake flour
25g plain flour plus/plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp low-sodium salt
10g low-fat milk
5g condensed milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
4 thin slices banana, coated with a little softened butter
10.Cut, serve and enjoy 😋
1. Get all the ingredients line up in order of their addition to the mixing bowl.
2. Cream softened unsalted butter with raw sugar and dark brown sugar till light and fluffy. Add in one egg. Mix till well combined.
3. Mix in the mashed banana.
4. Sieve in the flour mixture of plain flour plus, baking powder, baking soda, and low-sodium salt. Keep about 2 tbsp of flour mixture for Step 5
5. Pour in the milk mixture and combine well.
Mix in the remaining 2 tbsp flour mixture kept in Step 4
6. Add in the vanilla extract.
7. Pour the batter into a small baking pan (17x8x6 cm) lined with parchment paper. Level the batter and place 4 slices of banana slices over the batter.
8. Bake the batter in a preheated oven at middle rack, at 160℃ for 35 minutes, or till an inserted cake tester draws out clean.
9. Transfer the cake in the pan over a cooling rack for about 20 minutes.
Lift the cake out of the pan, and continue to cool over a wire rack.
You may wrap a cling wrap over the warm cake till the cake has cooled down. This steps is optional but it helps to seal the moisture in the cake.
Thank you Barry Apek for your fabulous recipe 😍😍