Yield: 4x7cm buns
100g bread flour
2 tsp raw sugar
1 tsp dry yeast
65g milk, warm
10g butter, soften
60g red bean paste
1. Pour flour, raw sugar and yeast into a clean mixing bowl. Mix well.
|Pour flour, sugar and yeast in a |
2. Dig a well in the middle of the flour mixture, and pour in the warm milk. Stir to mix.
|Pour warm milk to the middle|
of the flour mixture.
3. When all the milk has combined with the flour, add in the softened butter. Continue to mix until all the butter has incorporated with the flour. Shape the dough into a ball and let it rest for 5 minutes.
4. When 5 minutes is up, knead the dough in the bowl for about 5 to 8 minutes, or until the dough is smooth and elastic. Shape the dough into a ball and sprinkle some water on the dough surface. Place in a big bowl and cover it. Let it proof in a warm environment for about 25 to 30 minutes, or till the dough size double.
|Mix the flour, sugar and yeast up |
|Add in the butter when the milk|
has been absorbed.
|Knead for about 5 to 8 minutes|
in the mixing bowl,.
|Proofing in the mixing bowl.|
|After the proofing, the size double.|
5. Press down the dough to release the trapped air. Roll the dough into a ball and cut into 4 portions.
|Divide the dough into 4 portions|
6. Take a portion of the divided dough and roll into a ball. Press down and roll the dough into about 10 cm in diameter. Allow the dough center to be thicker than the edge.
|Roll the dough with the centre thicker|
than the edge
7. Flip the dough over, so that the smoother side will be facing out when you wrap with red bean paste.
Squeeze a spoonful of red bean paste in the middle. Wrap up the dough and pinch to seal the opening.
|Flip the dough after rolling out, with|
the smoother side facing down.
|Squeeze out the red bean paste|
from the packet.
|Add a spoonful of red bean paste|
in the middle
|Wrap up the dough.|
|Pinch the opening to seal.|
8. Face the opening down and place on a parchment paper coated with butter in the HCP. When you finish the 4 breads, close the lid and start baking in medium low heat for about 8 to 10 minutes. Then flip the bread over to heat the other side for another 5 minutes. When the bread is cooked, the side of the bread will be hard and crispy. And you can smell the nice aroma of the bread.
|Bake in the HCP for 8 minutes on one|
side, and the other side
for 5 minutes.
|Baking is done!|
9. Cool the bread down over a wire rack.
Serve with tea :)