Yield : one 14cm round cake
70g raw sugar
50g low fat milk
10 g butter, melted
3g olive oil
1 tsp vanila essence
70g top flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cocoa powder
|Melt the butter in a rice cooker,|
using keep warm mode.
1. Blend milk, oatmeal, olive oil, melted butter and vanilla essencein a food processor for 10 seconds. Keep warm in a rice cooker for 5 minutes.
|Blend the milk, butter, olive oil,|
oatmeal and vanilla essence in a food
processor or blender.
|Keep warm the milk mixture in a rice cooker|
if you are using cold milk,
2. Warm up some water in a pot to beat the eggs later.
3. Mix flour with baking powder using a hand whisk. Set aside.
|Flour and baking powder|
4. Place the cocoa powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
5. Line a 14 cm cake mould with parchment paper.
6. Preheat the oven to 170 degree Celsius.
7. Add the eggs and sugar into a clean mixing bowl. Place the bowl over a warm pot of water. Start whisking the egg mixture at high speed for 1 minute, then reduce to low speed for about 5 minutes or till soft peaks formed.
|Whisk the egg mixture over a pot of|
|Whisk the egg mixture at high speed for|
1 minute, then reduce to low speed
for about 5 minutes
|Stop the egg whisking process, when|
soft peaks formed.
8. Pour the milk mixture into the beaten egg mixture. Blend well using the mixer.
|Pour the blended milk mixture into the|
beaten egg mixture.
9. Sieve flour mixture, in 3 lots, into the beaten egg mixture. Mix well using a whisk before adding the next batch.
|Sieve flour into the batter, in |
10. Pour the batter into the lined cake tin, leaving about 2 tbsp of batter to be mixed with the cocoa powder.
|Scrap the side and bottom of the mixing |
bowl to ensure no milk or flour is
|Pour the batter into the lined cake tin.|
11. Lightly mix the batter with the cocoa powder. Pour the cocoa mixture onto the egg batter around the centre. Draw a marble pattern by inserting a stick and circulate a few rounds round the batter.
|Pour the cocoa mixture in a ring form.|
|Use a stick to twirl a few rounds|
12. Bake the batter in a preheated oven at 170 degree Celsius for 30 minutes. If the cake surface turns golden brown before the cake is cooked, turn off the oven's upper heating coil. And let the lower heating coil does the remaining heating.
12. When the baking is done, cool the cake on a wire rack. Cut and serve when the cake completely cools down :)
|Cool the cake on a wire rack.|