Serving : 2 adults
10g dry scallops, wash & soak in花雕酒or cooking wine
1 cup rice mixed with multigrains, soaked
1/2 chicken breast
1 slice ginger
5cm carrot, diced
1 slice ginger, shredded
1. Steam scallops with 花雕酒 or cooking wine till soft, about 10 minutes. Shred the scallops when cools down. Keep the stock.
|Steam dry scallop in cooking wine.|
2. Boil about 200ml of water in HC18 pot with a slice of ginger and 1/2 tsp salt. Place the chicken breast in the boiling water, off the heat, and let the remnant heat simmer the chicken breast to cooked.
3. When the temperature cools down, shred the chicken breast into thin stripes. Set aside. Keep the chicken stock.
4. Cook the rice with diced carrot, chicken and scallop stock, top up the water to appropriate amount to cook porridge. When the porridge is cooked, pour 1/2 cup of water to halt the cooking process, if you prefer to eat 'grainy' porridge. If you prefer paste form of porridge, you may omit this step and let the porridge continues to cook.
5. Season the porridge with salt. Scoop into bowls, top with shredded chicken, scallop, ginger and spring onions. Serve warm :)