1 stem salted vegetable
100g pork belly or any pork, shredded
2~3 cloves of garlic, minced
1~2 slices of ginger, minced
1 shiitake mushroom, soaked and sliced
1 tbsp sugar, or adjust the amount according to your taste
1 tsp potatos/corn starch mix with 10ml water
1 tsp light soya sauce
1 tsp sugar
dash of black pepper
1. Cut the salted vegetables into small pieces or stripes. Soak in water for about 1 to 2 hours to reduce the saltiness. Rinse with fresh water a few times.
2. Wash and cut the pork. Marinate for about 10 minutes.
3. Heat about 1 tbsp of oil in HCP, pour in the minced ginger and garlic. When you start to smell the fragrance of the ginger and garlic, add in the pork to stir fry.
4. When the pork starts to turn white, pour in the drained salted veggie with mushroom, continue to stir-fry in medium high heat. When you start to smell the nice fragrance of the salted veggie, pour in about 100~200 ml of water and let it simmer. Close the lid.
5. When the ingredients start to boil, add in sugar and cut chilli, turn down the heat. Allow the dish to simmer to the softness you prefer. Open the lid to check the water level, and top up the water during the cooking process.
6. At the end of cooking, add in the starch water to thicken the gravy.
Serve with warm white rice or porridge.