Yield about 4x10cm round pizza
180g plain flour (keep about 10g of flour to adjust the moisture of the dough)
1 tsp raw sugar
3/4 tsp dry yeast
100ml warm milk or water
1/3 tsp salt
10ml or 6g olive oil
|All the ingredients|
1. Pour about 170g plain flour into a clean mixing bowl. Keep about 10g of the flour for adjusting the moisture of the dough in step 2.
Dig a well in the middle, and add in the sugar and dry yeast. Add in about 3 tsp of warm milk onto the yeast. Let it stand for about 2 minutes to activate the yeast.
Do not let the salt come in contact with the yeast during activation process.
|Dig a well in the middle and add in the|
sugar and yeast.
2. Pour in the rest of the warm milk, olive oil and salt to the dough and mix well. If the dough is too wet, add some flour to the dough. Or else, add some water to adjust the dough moisture level.
|Adding warm milk to activate the|
Do not let the salt contact the yeast
during this activation process.
3. Knead the dough using an electric hand mixer with dough hook until it becomes elastic and smooth. Proof the dough in a rice cooker for about 1 hour by switching on the 'keep warm' mode for 4 min, then switch off.
|Mix all the dough ingredients and roll |
into a ball before using a mixer to knead.
|Using a dough hook to knead|
|When kneading is completed, the|
dough is smooth and elastic.
4. Insert your index finger coated with flour into the middle of the dough. When you lift out your finger, if the hole does not close up, then the proofing is done. Otherwise, continue to proof for another 10 minutes and test again.
|First proofing has completed as the hole|
did not close up
5. Press down the dough to release the air. Fold in the sides of the dough and roll it up. Cut the dough into 4 portions and let it rest for 10 min. Flatten the dough and roll it out to become a pizza dough.
|Roll out the pizza dough|
Tomato sauce ingredients:
1 tbsp tomato paste
2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 garlic, minced
1 tsp water
Pinch of oregano powder
|The ingredients for the tomato paste|
Mix all the ingredients together to form the tomato paste. Spread it over the pizza dough before adding the toppings.
|The tomato paste for spreading|
on the pizza.
Add the toppings you like, then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
|Sprinkle some oatmeal to absorb the|
juice from the topping during
|Place the veggie and meat toppings.|
|Finally add the cheese topping|
Place the pizza over a parchment paper, then bake in HCP for about 15 minutes at medium high heat. To prevent burning, you may want to place a gridiron between the pizza and the pan.
You may also bake the pizza in a toaster oven for 15 minutes.
Happy baking :)
|The round pizza done in oven toaster.|