Servings: 4 adults
500g pork ribs
2 slices ginger
1 stalk spring onion
1 tbsp rice wine
Water for boiling ribs
1/2 tsp ginger, chopped into fine bits
1 tsp garlic, chopped into fine bits
1 tsp rice wine
1/2 tsp vinegar
1/8 tsp dark soya sauce (to add color)
1 can Coca Cola, 350ml
1/4 tsp potato starch powder, mix with
2 tbsp water
Cut spring onion
1. Wash and rinse pork ribs. Place the pork ribs into a fresh pot of cold water. Add in ginger, spring onion and rice wine. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for about 1/2 an hour.
2. Drain away the water and set the ribs aside.
3. Heat up a tbsp of olive oil in the Happycall pan. Add in chopped ginger and garlic, stir-fried till fragrant.
4. Pour in the pork ribs and stir-fry for a while. Add in rice wine, pepper, vinegar and dark soya sauce, to coat the ribs evenly.
5. Pour in the cola drink enough to submerge all the ribs. Close the lid, but not locking, bring the sauce into a boil. Lower the heat, and allow the ingredients to simmer till the sauce thickens.
Flip the ribs every 5 minutes to coat the ribs.
6. Open the lid, off the heat, stir in the starch water. After the ingredients have been well mixed, heat up the pan again to further thicken the gravy. Stir continuously to ensure all the ribs are well coated with sauce.
7. Off the heat, dish out the ribs and garnish with chopped chilli and cut spring onion. Serve with warm rice :)