Yield: one 20 cm round cake
150g unsalted butter, softened
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs, room temperature
160g fine sugar
250g top flour
3 tsp baking powder
80g sour cream
150g milk, room temperature
25g chopped dried cranberry
1/2 tsp salt 盐
3 eggs, room temperature 蛋，室温
160g fine sugar 细糖
250g top flour 低筋面粉
3 tsp baking powder 泡打粉
80g sour cream 酸奶油
150g milk, room temperature 牛奶，室温
25g chopped dried cranberry 蔓越莓干粒
1. Grease the rice cooker inner pot with either butter or cooking oil spray.
2. Mix flour with baking powder and set aside.
3. Use a pair of scissors to cut the cranberry into smaller bits.Sprinkle some flour over the cranberry bits. Set aside.
4. Cream the softened butter to pale yellow using an electric mixer set at medium speed. This will take about 2 minutes.
5. Add sugar and salt, mix till the sugar is well incorporated with the butter. This will take about 5 to 8 minutes. Scrape down the butter on the side once a while.
6. Add in beaten eggs. One egg at a time. Mix well.
7. Add in the sour cream till well incorporated.
8. Sieve in 1/3 of the flour into (6) and mix well using the whisks removed from the electric hand mixer. Add in 1/2 of the milk and blend well. Alternating between flour and milk till you finish all the ingredients.
Stop mixing once no flour can be seen. Extensive stirring will result in gluten formed and a harder cake.
9. Pour in the dried cranberry bits and mix well.
10. Pour the cake batter into the rice cooker. Give the pot a few jolts to get rid of trapped air and to even out the surface.
11. Put the pot into the rice cooker, close the lid and start the cake baking process. It takes about 45 minutes to complete the process.
12. When the baking process is over, open the lid and put a parchment paper over the cake. Lower the steamer into the pot to help you flip out the cake.
13. Transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool down.
14. Cut and serve when the cake has cooled down :)