Servings: 4 adults
2 cups rice
1/8 tsp vinegar (optional)
1/4 tsp cooking oil (optional)
1/4 tsp salt
1 clove garlic, crushed
Place all the ingredients into a rice cooker to prepare a pot of cooked rice.
If your rice cooker has an option for taste of rice, select 'hard'.
1/2 big onion, chopped
5~6 garlic, chopped
1/4 green capsicum, diced
1/4 red capsicum, diced
4 fresh button mushrooms, sliced
1 small can of cocktail sausages, halved diagonally
3 eggs, beaten
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp tomato paste
4 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp oregano powder
1/2 tsp dried basil leaf
5 tbsp hot water
1. Loosen the cooked rice.
2. Heat up about 1 tbsp oil in the pan and add in the beaten egg. Scoop out the omelette and cut into small pieces. Set aside.
3. Heat up about 1 tbsp oil in the pan. Add in garlic and fry till fragrant before adding the onion.
4. Add in the button mushroom, followed by the red and green capsicum. Stir fry till fragrant. Push to the edge of the pan.
5. Pour in the sauce mixture and bring to a light boil. Add in the sausages.
6. Pour in the cooked rice and mix well. Lower the heat when you are about to add in the cooked rice.
7. Add in the chopped omelette.
8. Sprinkle some seasoning powder, like 'Hao Chi' if you want a more flavorful rice.
8. Garnish with green onion or coriander and serve warm :)