Yield: about 270g cooked chickpeas
Philips Avance Rice Cooker, or
Rice cooker with 'steam' function
80g dried organic chickpeas
400g waterfor steaming
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp water
1. Wash and soak chickpeas for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Rinse and change the water at least once.
2. Drain the chickpeas and place them into a heat resistant ware.
Pour 400g water into the rice cooker pot. Place a steamer rack into the pot.
Lower the raw chickpeas into rice cooker pot.
3. Close the lid. Select 'Steam' mode, set the 'cooking time' to 30 minutes, and start the steaming process.
4. When the cooking process ends, sprinkle salt water (1/2 tsp salt + 2 tbsp water) to the cooked chickpeas. Stir to mix well. Close the lid, and let the peas to sit in the warm rice cooker for another 20 to 30 minutes.
5. Pour out the peas on a broad plate to allow the wet peas to dry and cool down.
6. Keep the peas in a container or start munching :)
Keep the peas in the fridge for longer shelf life :)