Serving: 2 adults
150g pork slices
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
1 tsp chopped ginger
2 tsp chopped spring onion
1 tsp chopped red chilli
1 Japanese cucumber, julienned
1 tbsp roasted white sesame seeds
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tbsp low salt soya sauce
2 tbsp vinegar
3 tbsp sugar
1/8 tsp dark soya sauce to add colour
Pinch chili powder, optional
1. Wash and pat dry the pork. Cut into thin slices.
2. Line the pork slices on a flat surface and sprinkle salt and pepper to marinate them. Set aside in a bowl.
3. Cut the Japanese cucumber into thin strips and soak in cold water to keep them crunchy.
4. Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
5. Heat up the Happycall pan and pour in about 1 tbsp of olive oil. Allow the oil to warm up in medium high heat.
6. Pour in the marinated pork slices and stir quickly to ensure even heating.
7. When about 80% of the meat has turned white, pour in the sauce ingredients from (4). Bring to a boil.
8. Add in chopped ginger, spring onion and chilli. Lower the heat.
9. Stir and allow the gravy to thicken.
10. Pour over warm white rice and Japanese cucumber from (3). Sprinkle some roasted white sesame seeds and serve :)