Serving : two 17cm waffles
125g All Purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
40g unsalted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg white
50g fine sugar
1 egg yolk
5 fresh raspberries, cut into bit size
Or, you can use dried raspberries
1. Mix all purpose flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl using a hand whisk. Set aside.
2. Warm up the milk and butter in a rice cooker for 10 minutes to melt the butter. Set aside.
3. In a dry and clean bowl, beat egg white till frothy. Add in sugar and beat till soft peaks formed using an electric mixer set at high speed.
4. Add in the egg yolk and blend well.
5. Add in the milk mixture from (2), in two additions. Mix the batter using electric mixer set at low speed.
6. Add in vanilla extract and mix well.
6. Add in the flour mixture from (1), in about 3 additions. Use the whisk detached from the mixer to mix.
Try not to over mix the batter.
6. Add in the raspberry bits and mix well.
7. Warm up your waffle iron to your desired temperature. Spray a thin film of cooking oil onto the irons. Pour the batter onto the hot iron when the 'green' light illuminated. Close the lid and turn the iron clockwise to lock it.
For non-stick surface, you only need to spray the oil once.
8. Turn the waffle iron anti-clockwise to unlock the lid. Remove the waffle from the iron.
9. Serve warm with whipped cream :)