Soft choco-banana bun with cream cheese and banana bits filling. The bread was baked at lower temperature to prevent the cream cheese from oozing out from the sealed opening.
Yield: 9 mini buns in 20 cm sq pan
Raw dough weight: 425g
Bread weight: 578g
Cream Cheese Filling 奶酪馅
100g cream cheese, 奶油乳酪
40g diced banana 香蕉切粒
20g condensed milk 炼乳
1. Cut banana into small cubes.
3. After the ingredients have well combined, cover with a lid and store in the fridge till needed.
90g cold whole milk 冷全脂牛奶
15g condensed milk 炼乳
15g beaten egg
40g banana paste 熟香蕉泥
30g raw sugar 黄砂糖
1/4 tsp salt 盐
20g cold unsalted butter 冷无盐奶油
7g cold unsweetened baking chocolate
100% cocoa, shaved*
185g bread flour 高筋面粉
15g top/cake flour 低筋面粉
3/4 tsp instant dry yeast 即发干酵母粉
* can be substituted by 1 tsp of cocoa powder
Some beaten egg for glazing
1. Use a fork to mash 40g of ripe banana into paste.
2. Shave cold baking chocolate (100% cocoa) into thin flake by using a kitchen knife.
5. Add in the mashed banana.
6. Add in the raw sugar and salt.
8. Add in the flour mixture from (3).
9. Dig a hole and pour in the instant dry yeast.
10. Place the bread pan into the bread maker. Select "dough" function and start the process.
11. When the program ends, let the dough sits in the Breadmaker for another 15 minutes.
The dough is ready.
12. Sprinkle some bread flour over both the work top and dough before inverting it out.
13. Flatten the dough to remove the trapped air.
14. Divide the dough into 9 portions, about 47g each.
15. Roll up the small dough, pull down the sides several times to stretch out the dough surface, and seal at the bottom. Lightly coat with some flour and place on a plate, cover with a lid, and rest for 15 minutes.
16. After the rest, roll out the dough.
17. Place the dough into the lined square pan. Spray some water and let the doughs proof for about 40 minutes in a warm oven.
18. Preheat the oven to 170 degree Celsius. Apply a thin coat of beaten egg over the dough surface.
Cut the walnut into halves and rest on the top.
19. Bake at 170 degree Celsius for 5 minutes, then lower the temperature to 160 degree for 5 minutes, finally further reduce to 150 degree Celsius for 8 minutes, at lower rack of the oven, or till the top turns slightly brown.