0.4L mini rice cooker, ~2.5 cups
35g unsalted butter, slightly softened
1/8 tsp salt
40g fine sugar
10g dark brown sugar
70g mashed banana
1 egg, beaten
80g top/cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1. Line the inner pot of a mini rice cooker with parchment paper.
2. Get all the ingredients ready. Loosen top/cake flour with baking powder and baking soda using a hand whisk.
3. Cream softened butter and salt till pale. Add in fine sugar and dark brown sugar, continue to whip for about 5 minutes, till the batter is light and fluffy.
4. Mix in the mashed banana.
5. Follow by beaten egg.
6. Fold in loosen flour and milk in alternate sequence. Start with flour and end with flour.
7. Keep warm the mini rice cooker for about 5 minutes.
8. Pour the cake batter into the lined inner pot. Place a paper kitchen towel over the top before closing the lid. This is to catch the dripping condensation during the baking process.
9. Start the "cooking process", and at the same time, start the 35-minute countdown timer.
When the rice cooker switches from "cook" to "keep warm" mode, start another countdown timer for 5 minutes. When the 5 minutes is up, turn on the "cook" mode again. Repeat this process by manually turning on the "cook" mode till the 35 minutes timer is up.
Start the "cook" function.
When the mode switches to "keep warm", start the 5-minute countdown timer.
When the 5-minute timer is up, manually switch to "cook" mode again. Repeat this process till the 35-minute timer is up.
10. The cake is ready when an inserted cake tester comes out clean.
11. Transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool down.
I inverted the cake as the browned base was more presentable :)
Slice and enjoy the flavorful and moist banana cake :)