A delicious custard cake with added glutinuos rice flour which gave the soft cake a little chewiness. Due to the compactness of the cake texture, the steam in the cake escaped through all the sides and almost pushed the baking cake out of the pan. Remember to place a baking tray under your cake pan to catch the dripping butter if you try to bake this cake :)
Yield: one 15Lx10Wx2H cm cake
Cake pan size: 16x11x5 cm
This recipe is based on 1/3 of the original recipe which can be baked in an 8" square or round cake pan.
All ingredients in room temperature
60g fine sugar
170g fresh milk
85g glutinuos rice flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
25g unsalted butter, melted
Pinch of salt
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. Lightly coat the cake mould with butter. Set aside.
2. Melt butter and salt in a rice cooker using "keep warm" mode.
3. Mix Ingredient A in a mixing bowl till sugar dissolves.
4. Add in Ingredient B and mix well.
5. Stir in the melted butter and vanilla extract. Mix well.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 degree Celsius for about 35 to 40 minutes, or till the top is golden.
8. Cool down and cut into pieces using a plastic cutter.
Wrap the cake with plastic sheet for easy storage and serving :)
Recipe adapted from