Sweet and soft pumpkin bread shaped into pumpkin shape and doodle with facial expressions using melted chocolate.
Join the fun of Halloween :)
Raw dough weight: 406g
Yield: 8 round buns
80g cold whole milk 冷全脂牛奶
15g condensed milk 炼乳
40g cooked pumpkin paste 熟南瓜泥
35g raw sugar 黄砂糖
1/4 tsp salt 盐
15g beaten egg 蛋液
20g cold unsalted butter 冷无盐奶油
180g bread flour 高筋面粉
20g top/cake flour 低筋面粉
1/8 tsp beetroot powder 甜菜根粉
1/2 tsp instant dry yeast 即发干酵母粉
4 biscuit sticks 饼干棒
Some milk for glazing
1. Steamed about 60g raw pumpkin at medium high heat for 15 minutes, till softened. Drain away the excess water collected at the bottom of the bowl. Mash the softened pumpkin into paste by using a fork. Collect 40g of the pumpkin paste for later use.
2. Pour cold whole/fresh milk and condensed milk into the bread pan.
3. Add in beaten egg and pumpkin paste.
4. Add in sugar, salt and cold butter.
5. Mix top/cake and bread flour with beetroot powder in a bowl. Pour the flour mixture to the bread pan.
6. Dig a hole and pour in the instant dry yeast.
7. Place the bread pan into the bread machine.
8. Select "8" Dough Kneading function; and press "Start".
9. When the program stops, let the dough continue to sit in the pan for another 15 minutes.
10. Turn out the dough onto a floured surface. Flatten it with your palm to release the trapped air.
11. Divide the dough into 16 equal portions, about 23g each.
12. Roll up the small dough, pull down the sides several times to stretch out the dough surface, and seal at the bottom. Lightly coat with some flour and place on a plate, cover with a lid, and rest for 15 minutes.
13. After the rest, roll out the dough.
Place the imprinted dough over another dough ball.
Wrap your palm around the dough and let it roll within your palm, to shape it.
Spray some water and let the doughs proof for about 30 minutes in an oven.
15. Preheat the oven to 170 degree Celsius. Apply a thin coat of milk over the dough surface.
16. Reduce the oven temperature to 160 degree Celsius after placing the tray of dough into the oven. Let it bake for 10 minutes.
Further reduce the temperature to 150 degree Celsius and bake for another 10 to 12 minutes, or till the crust turned slightly golden.
At the end of the baking process.
17. Transfer the tray of bread to a cooling rack. Push down the biscuit stick if it raised too high.
18. Allow the bread to cool down completely before doodling with melted chocolate.
40g semi-sweetened cooking chocolate
1. Cut the chocolate chips into finer bits.
2. Fill the chocolate chips to a small pipping bag, and seal with a clip.
3. Melt the chocolate chips in a rice cooker by using the "keep warm" mode for 10 minutes.
4. Allow the melted chocolate to cool down slightly before use.
5. Snip off the top and test it over a piece of tissue paper before applying over the breads.
6. Hold the breads in a bowl before start "doodling". Enjoy 😁💕