Yield: 10 cupcakes (50x38cm)
3 egg yolks
20g fine sugar
35g rice bran oil or cooking oil
1 fresh pandan leaf
70g top or cake flour
3 egg whites
25g fine sugar
Custard cream fillings
80g whipping cream
15g icing sugar
1 tsp instant custard powder
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degree C.
2. Whipped egg yokes and sugar till pale yellow using hand whisk. The process will take about 5 minutes.
3. Blend milk, rice bran oil and pandan leaf using a food processor. Add the blended mixture to the egg yoke mixture. Mix well.
4. Sift and fold the flour in using a hand whisk.
5. Beat the egg whites using an electric mixer, when foamy, add in the sugar. Continue to beat till stiff peaks formed.
6. Add 1/3 of the egg white to (4) , mix well before adding the next two batches of egg whites.
7. Arrange 10 cupcake paper moulds on a baking tray. Slowly fill them up with the batter. Fill up to about 3/4 of the cup height.
8. Bake the cupcakes in the oven for about 20 minutes. Cool the cupcakes on a rack before filling them with whipped cream.
9. Before whipping the cream, you need to place the bowl, the whisk and a damp cloth in the fridge for at least 20 minutes. If you are using an electric hand mixer, you only need to use one whisk.
Place the bowl on top of the cold damp cloth. Start whipping the cream at low speed then progress to medium speed. Soft peaks will form after about 2 minutes. Add in the icing sugar, and continue to whip for about 40 sec or when hard peaks formed. Add in the instant custard powder and mix well.
Be careful not to over beat the cream, as it will disintegrate into butter and water.
10. Fill the cream into a whipping bag with a nozzle attached. Pipe the custard cream into the cupcake and chill before serving :)
|Sift the flour into the batter, spoon by spoon.|
|Waiting to pour the batter into the cupcake mould.|
|Place all the eqipment in the fridge before|
whipping the cream
|Chilled a damp cloth in the fridge for whipping the|
whipping cream later.